Association Meeting
January 15, 2005, 3:00 p.m.
Boone County Airport
1600 E 250 S
Lebanon, IN 46052

Members in attendance:
Earl Brosman
Don Deckard
Wayne Deckard
Roy Dawes
Gene Hollingsworth
Mike Jackson
John Komnick
Chuck Leucht
Michael Mossman
Dick Patterson
Larry Poe
John Snyder
Bill Wilson

Also Present:
Dale Gustafson
Erick Roldan

Wayne Deckard opened the meeting at approximately 3 p.m.

The next meeting will be February 19, 2005 at 3 p.m., which is the third Saturday in February.

Wayne Deckard: Roy Dawes has a rough draft from the pipeline patrol company for the fuel agreement. Only issue is that the club has to pay for missing fuel. Company is still interested in getting a card reader.

One fuel tank is 2,000 gallons, the other is either 1,000 gallons or 2,000 gallons. Roy will order 2,000 gallons of avgas in conjunction with the pipeline patrol company.

Wayne Deckard: Electrical work not completed in the hangars, would like to see lights and electric outlets in hangars. Hangar rows 3 and 8 almost done.

Michael Mossman volunteered to buy the electrical supplies, based on a materials list that will be submitted by Wayne Deckard or Roy Dawes.

Wayne Deckard: One person is needed to buy ceiling materials and get them into the operations building, then appoint a day for four-to-six people to put in a false ceiling. Fuel bill has been high as the association has already used a full tank of fuel to heat the operations building.

Wayne Deckard: Snow removal, more volunteers besides Roy Dawes are needed to keep the runway open in the winter. If we are to partner with the pipeline patrol they will need to get in to the field so we will need to keep it open.

Snow Removal: Roy Dawes is interested in buying a truck. Mike Jackson has a 1960 dump truck that he is no longer using and would like to donate it to the association. Larry Poe will generate a donation receipt for Jackson's tax returns. Roy Dawes has a 12-foot snow plow that may work on the truck.

Wayne Deckard: Do we want to host a party or dinner for association next summer?

Fly In: Wayne Deckard says that we need more people to keep the club active. PR will help keep the airport open. Andy Henderson is more favorable to keeping the airport open. Field is ideal for sport aviation. A theme is needed for the party.

Bill Wilson suggested a theme of Affordable Flying. The general consensus was that Affordable Flying would be acceptable.

Wayne Deckard: We have a $1 million insurance policy; we can raise the limits. The rate will come down at one year if no claims are made. We should get some event insurance. The association should consider partnering with Chapter 1311 or the Civil Air Patrol.

Wayne Deckard: Party goal should be to get the local non-aviation people here to see if they can afford flying and take civic ownership of the field.

Wayne Deckard: Volunteers are needed for organizing the event. Wayne Deckard will chair the event.

Larry Poe will contact his Ultralight club for participation; Michael Mossman will contact EAA Chapter 1311; Chuck Leucht will contact his model RC club; Jack Snyder will contact the Civil Air Patrol

Wayne Deckard motioned for the association to pay for fuel for flying non-pilots at the event; Michael Mossman seconded. Motion passed by voice vote.

Bill Wilson can good publicity for the event; Michael Mossman will assist and contact local factories for publicity.

The event is scheduled for Saturday, June 18.

We might try holding clinics for low cost flying: Sport Pilot Clinic, Ultralight clinic, partnership clinic, etc.

Wayne will generate suggestion lists for the party.

Pilots are needed for giving the free rides.

Financial Report: Larry Poe says that in December the last month we received $2,765 in rents, bills paid were the $1,240, leaving an account balance of $6,599.

Michael Mossman motioned that the association buy heavy duty ladders for fueling airplanes and general maintenance; Wayne Deckard seconded. Motion passed by voice vote.

Wayne Deckard motioned that the association buy CO2 fire extinguishers for the hangars; XX(?) seconded. Motion passed by voice vote.

After the meeting was concluded those present enjoyed some vegetable beef soup prepared by Wayne Deckard.

Minutes respectfully submitted by Michael Mossman, Association Secretary