Association Meeting
April 19, 2008, 3:00 p.m.
Boone County Airport
1600 E 250 S
Lebanon, IN 46052

Members in attendance:
Earl Brosman
Roy Dawes
Don Deckard
Wayne Deckard
Gene Hollingsworth
Mike Jackson
Jim Kunz
Chuck Leucht
Michael Mossman
John Mullenax
Dick Patterson
Erick Roldan
Charles Westerfield

Also Present:
Red Calvert
Pam Leucht
Gayla Rogers

Wayne Deckard: Our hangars are full and we now have a waiting list. We need to know if Larry Poe is coming back. Charles Westerfield talked to Larry at the first of the month. A new Maule may be coming here. Also, another Ercoupe owner wants to come here.

Our Fly-in is June 19: lots of verbals offers to work but no sign-ups yet. We have only 60 days to get it done. This will be the first time we will be having the open house with a full field. We don't need to attract new members anymore so we may want a different focus on our open house.

We have a new mayor who is interested in annexing the property to the south of the interstate. We still need someone to come in to buy the airport and continue to operate it as an airport.

Last year we had donations for the food and donations for flights. Our revenues versus expenses were better than the year before, even though our event was a rain-out.

We need to clean up the place before the event. We need to take care of the local community only; we don't need to focus on bringing in people from out of town.

Roy Dawes: Brentco is buying a tanker load of fuel on Monday; it should be here soon. Expect the cost to be about $4.25 per gallon.

Wayne Deckard: Jason Sharkey is planning on doing his military re-enactment. We should plan on locating them in the old parking area to the east of the operations building.

Wayne Deckard: How about a flea market or a swap meet? We could sell booths.

Michael Mossman; That depends on who we are targeting for attendance. If we are hosting a fly-in then perhaps other pilots would be looking for parts, etc. If we are targeting the local community then no, we wouldn't do well. We don't need a bunch more junk mowers dumped on us.

Erick Roldan: We should get a plane entered as a float in the 4th of July parade, hand out flyers advertising our open house and move the event to after the 4th.

Earl Brosman: I volunteer the Ercoupe for the parade.

Chuck Leucht: I was speaking with Jim Love of the 4-H committee; he has a group of kids that are flying model airplanes. We might be able to recruit them to help.

Erick Roldan: Hold the fly-in after the 4th of July so we could advertise during the parade.

Chuck Leucht motioned to move the open house to after the 4th; Roy Dawes seconded.

Erick Roldan: We could still participate in the parade even if we don't move the date.

Wayne Deckard called for a vote; none in favor of moving the open house date.

Wayne Deckard: The next monthly meeting we will decide if we will have an airplane in the parade. Michael Mossman and Chuck Leucht will check the parade route to see if we can get a plane completely through it; Chuck will contact the 4th of July committee to see if we can enter.

Wayne Deckard: We will need someone to chase down a tent: Mike Jackson volunteered.

Wayne Deckard: We will need a sign-up sheet for airplanes to get money for fuel.

Eayne Deckard: Our event is on June 21; we will need to clean up the property on June 7 and 8, then again on Saturday the 14th. June 15th is Father's Day so we shouldn't plan on working that day. Then all of the next week (16 through 20) to get ready.

We will need the follow-up clean-up on Sunday, June 22.

Chuck and Pam Leucht will contact the Fourth of July committee.

Wayne Deckard: A Piper Warrior is coming to the field on Tuesday; we will need to clear a hangar for them

Mike Jackson is bringing a PA system to the open house.

Earl Brosman: Annual on Ercoupe is going OK; should be finished soon.

Red Calvert: Shorty Graves is temporarily at a place in Zionsville. They have to lock him in because he gets away and can't take care of himself.

Roy Dawes motioned to adjourn; Wayne Deckard seconded. All in favor. Meeting adourned.

Minutes respectfully submitted by Michael Mossman, Association Secretary