Association Meeting
June 20, 3:00 p.m.
Boone County Airport
1600 E 250 S
Lebanon, IN 46052

Members in attendance:
Wayne Deckard
Kristen Henke
Gene Hollingsworth
John Komnick
Jim Laser
Jimmy Laser
Chuck Leucht
Chuck Long
Steve McClure
Michael Mossman
John Mullenax
Dick Patterson
John Snyder
Charles Westerfield

Also Present:
Jerry Beach
Joe Stephanic

Wayne Deckard brought the meeting to order at approximately 3:00 p.m.

John Snyder: The airport needs a contact person with AOPA

Wayne Deckard: That person should be a board member who can speak for the whole airport. It used to be me but they quit sending us the information.

Wayne Deckard: We are full at this point but have no waiting list. We will have a board vote on a policy about how we fill hangars in the future. We will require a written request to move to a different hangar and the move will have to be approved by a board decision.

John Snyder: Motion to make a committee of board members to formulate new rules. John Komnick seconded. All in favor.

Michael Mossman: I have recommended some rule rules about how to deal with members who are in arrears on their rent. My recommendations would be to set a time limit, perhaps a couple of months in arrears, at which time that member could not longer be allowed to incur any more debts to the club. In other words, they would no longer have any fuel privileges and would not be able to rent the maintenance hangar until they were caught up. If they didn't get caught up and fell further behind in rent, then the club should have the right to move them to a lower-cost hangar or out onto the ramp and bring a paying tenant into their place (pending a board vote).

Wayne Deckard: We have heard some proposals on raising rents but the issue becomes whether or not we raise rents on open hangars or across the board. If we raise them on open hangars then we will have issues with people who are side-by-side but paying different rents. It would have to be across the board or not at all. We do have a need to replace the runway or potentially buy the airport but we can't get there with rents, so there is no need to consider raising rents at this time.

John Mullenax: Someone left a bench in my hangar and when they get to it they are pulling the tailwheel tiedown stake loose in my hangar.

Wayne Deckard; There is a good chance that the wind is pushing your airplane around. You will need to get two screw anchors so that the tail is tied to both of them.

John Komnick: At one time we determined that the end hangar corners belong to all in the building.

Wayne Deckard: Yes, those are to be shared spaces.

Steve McClure: Then how do you account for two of the end hangars that have buildings in them? We can't share that space.

Wayne Deckard: We need to have the board make some decisions on how we will deal with those.

Wayne Deckard safety session: We have had lots of rain. Check the sumps on your airplanes. If the seals aren't good on your fuel caps you could get water in your tanks. We have also had some gusty wind this time of year so check for loose metal on your hangar walls and roof. There are some that we know need to be screwed down.

Steve McClure volunteered to help screw down the loose metal panels.

Wayne Deckard: We will need to replace the wind sock on top of the maintenance hangar and should plan on lighting the windsock at the north end of the runway.

John Komnick: There is a lot of stuff on the property that we are having to mow around, like hoses left out, chairs, concrete blocks, pallets, tow bars, etc. Some people have brought in some sod chunks to fill in divots. These also need to be smoothed down.

Charles Westerfield: I am having to mow around a lot of stuff that shouldn't be left out in the grass. We also need a new funnel and screw-on lid for the waste oil tank. Some people are not replacing the brick on the top and the tank starts to fill up with rainwater. Gene Hollingsworth will look into making one.

Wayne Deckard: We started talking about an internet card for the office computer. Our current computer won't work with a card so we are looking at another computer if we can get one donated or loaned. Cost for high-speed cell tower internet access is about $49 per month

Joe Stephanic: We get Ilines out here, the price is about $49, too. They a little dish for internet communication.

Chuck Long: My formation flying DVD disk1 is missing and needs to be returned.

Wayne Deckard: Roy Dawes' bus will be going to Oshkosh this year but he doesn't know if he will be driving it or not. We will need an Oshkosh ride/share sign up list. Michael Mossman will post one during the coming week.

Michael Mossman: Our upcoming elections will be held during the July meeting. I will mail out paper ballots. You can vote by mail or during the meeting. Our current slate of confirmed candidates:

For President: Wayne Deckard

For Vice President: Roy Dawes

For Secretary: Michael Mossman

For Treasurer: Chad Williams

For Board of Directors (vote for three):
Adam Coker
Kristen Henke
Gene Hollingsworth
John Komnick
Chuck Leucht
Tom Rich
John Saalwaechter

Michael Mossman: If anyone else is interested in running for an office or as a director they need to let me know before I mail out the ballots.

Steve McClure motioned to adjourn; Jon Komnick seconded. All in favor to adjourn.

Minutes respectfully submitted by Michael Mossman, Association Secretary